Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2/25/12 Entry

Okay so the big painting is starting to take shape. Instead of doing a complex plan with a specific style scheme, I'm winging this one.
Because of my diminished time, I had to find a more suitable way of painting that would work better with the amount of time I have left. And find it, I did!

I got a new art tool a couple weeks ago that I've been meaning to try out and use, and now I have, and I've discovered that it helps me a lot because I paint a lot faster. And I love the results. The job looks rushed, but in a good way, like time is passing in the painting. Which is good because that's what I was trying to capture.
I haven't been to concerned about the colors. I mean, it's a picture of my life, I should pick the colors I want. I've also become less worried about getting all the details right, which is a good thing because I don't have enough time to worry about the details.
The thing that I really like about this new "technique" is that it makes this painting stand out from the others; it makes it seem more raw and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment